- As of April 4, 2019 the funding for natural gas Custom Rebates projects (including Energy Audits and Feasibility Studies) scheduled to be completed in 2019 has been allocated to customer projects.
- As of May 1, 2019 the funding for electric Commercial New Construction and Custom Rebates projects (including Energy Audits, Feasibility Studies, Find-n-Fix and Retrocommissioning) scheduled to be completed in 2019 has been allocated to customer projects.
Customers with new potential 2019 projects may still apply for pre-approval and should contact the Customer’s Account Manager or call 1-866-ALLIANT for assistance. In the event funding becomes available, we will add 2019 projects on a first-come, first-served basis.
We are still accepting pre-approval applications and enrollments for projects that are anticipated to be completed in 2020 and beyond.
How does it work?
We will send a professional energy analyst to your facility to conduct an Energy Audit using the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE) guidelines.
The Energy Audit is free and provides information on your facility’s energy performance and offers details to help prioritize investments in energy-efficiency upgrades. These investments will help reduce energy use and operating costs of your business.
The audit involves:
- Collecting and studying historical energy usage
- Studying the building’s operational characteristics
- Identifying and analyzing energy-saving modification opportunities
- Prioritizing strategies that will have the greatest impact
- Presenting a report in person
The report includes:
- Description of energy-consuming systems
- Twelve-month billing analysis
- Determining energy consumption by end use
- Benchmarking of energy use and cost against peer facilities
- Energy-saving recommendations with estimated costs and financial metrics
- If further analysis is recommended, Alliant Energy offers a Feasibility Study ?as a next step.
How do I qualify?
Audit must be conducted in a building that Alliant Energy supplies the primary heating or cooling energy.